birding-aus

Australasian Swiftlets and White-throated Needletails Qld

Subject: Australasian Swiftlets and White-throated Needletails Qld
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:53:13 +1100
At 10.20 this morning Rosemary Payet and I saw  a  mixed flock of hundreds of
Australian Swiftlets and
White-throated Needletails aerial feeding above us on the Aligator Creek Road
(25kms from Townsville)
which we watched for 10 mins before they disappeared in a westerly direction -
probably over Mt. Eliot.
An amazing sight which we just chanced upon.

Joan Wharton