birding-aus

Shrike-tit calls

To: <>, <>
Subject: Shrike-tit calls
From: John Graff <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:44:31 +0800
Hi Graeme (& others) Interestingly, your recording from O'Reilly's on your
website sounds very similar to the calls I've heard most frequently from our
western birds also (i.e. Western Shrike-tit). The only Eastern Shrike-tit I've
seen/heard was at O'Reilly's a few years ago, in rainforest not far along the
Python Rock Track (I think that's the correct track :S), which called with a
series of single mournful notes, rather than the double-noted call I'm familiar
with from WA and different to the O'Reilly's birds on your recording What that
shows and whether it's useful I'm not sure! Cheers,John