birding-aus

ID Help - Timeless question: C.Sparrowhawk or B.Goshawk

Subject: ID Help - Timeless question: C.Sparrowhawk or B.Goshawk
From: Graeme Chapman <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:12:11 +1100
Hello Harry,

A lot cooler in Finland than it is here at present - bushfires all over NSW and
temperatures up to 45 degrees!

I agree with all the others - it's a gos.

To make the comparison easier I've just loaded onto page 3 of the Brown Goshawk
page on my website (www.graemechapman.com.au) pic # 221211 which compares the
goshawk with the sparrowhawk in flight. I had to do this adding one pic to
another and getting the scale correct isn't easy, maybe the sparrowhawk needs a
little reduction in size.

Happy new year.

Graeme