birding-aus

Birding-Aus] feral cats and immigration (The Age)

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Birding-Aus] feral cats and immigration (The Age)
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:44:17 +1000
On the one hand, Franklin seems to have cherry-picked feral cats as the focus for "intolerance". There are hundreds of other invasive species wreaking havoc around the world that are not viewed with "pity" by the local societies.

Actually, I think a major flaw in Franklin's thesis is the lack of empirical evidence linking a dislike of feral cats with social intolerance. Simply put, he does not cite any attitudinal research that indicates that people who want to control feral cats are more intolerant than people who want them to thrive.