birding-aus

Question re Koel

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Question re Koel
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 15:23:22 +1100
The answer to that and any similar questions are in my 130 page book:
"Canberra Birds: A Report on the first 21 years of the Garden Bird Survey"
with the update information that in the 10 years since that was complied and
published and the GBS has continued, the species abundance has increased
greatly and they are now pretty much common here in the suburbs through the
summer. It is now included on the printed list on the GBS chart of
(presumably) the 50 most recorded species. I have a pair in my Garden Bird
Survey area every day for the past 2 months. Unfortunately there is no well
collated update of the GBS since my book (a small bit in the COG ABR each
year gives basic data), but full data on the GBS is limited to 1981 to 2002.

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902