birding-aus

Anstead - SE Qld 291212

Subject: Anstead - SE Qld 291212
From: Colin R <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:39:05 +1000
Hi All

4 Oriental Cuckoos plus Brush, Shining-bronze, Fan-tailed and
Channel-billed, Koel and Pheasant Coucal made for that kind of day on
Saturday - plus a (calling only) Bush Hen. Otherwise the site was
remarkably deficient in the usual birds, both in numbers and variety.
We all believe we heard one of the Orientals respond to playback
incidentally. It was brief but surprisingly clear.

Cheers
--
  Colin Reid (Stu W, Rob D)

So many birds, so little time......