birding-aus

RFI Swift Parrots

To: <>
Subject: RFI Swift Parrots
From: "John & Clare Kooistra" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 09:23:27 +1100
Thanks to everyone who replied to my recent message.

The consensus seems to be Bruny Island. We visited on the 20th December but
didn't try the

areas mentioned. It wasn't a full on birding day, we were also there to
enjoy the stunning scenery and walks.

I think I was just expecting them to turn up somewhere along the way!

Will visit some sites around Hobart and failing that, back to Bruny (good
excuse to go back!)

Cheers, John Kooistra

Hi all

I am a Queensland birder currently travelling in Tasmania, based near Hobart
at the moment.

I have seen all the endemics so far and a good assortment of other birds,
but still no Swift Parrots.

Just wondering if any local birders or other travellers have any tips on
where I might have a chance,

or if there have been any recent sightings. Any help would be appreciated.
Happy to accept replies offline.

Thanks, John Kooistra