birding-aus

NPWS, Shooting Feral sp, NSW National Parks

To: <>
Subject: NPWS, Shooting Feral sp, NSW National Parks
From: "Simon Clayton" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:49:16 +1100
Hi All,

Non-denominational and politically correct seasonal greetings to you all.
:-)

 The main purpose of this email is to inform all who search on the internet,
for information on feral animal shooting in NSW National Parks, that
Gibraltar Range, like most parks, is going to be very boring for you. I've
spent hundreds of hours viewing native wildlife in this World Heritage area,
and never seen a single feral animal, and if anyone tries shooting feral
cats from the highway, they'll be photographed and arrested. I trap cats for
free here. Barry O'"F" made a "deal" which only recreational shooters think
is a good idea, for votes and popularity, not for the good of the Nation.

Fortunately, I'm a more responsible landholder than the NSW government, and
control pest species in a sustainable way which doesn't allow recreational
shooters on our Wildlife Refuge, which is unnecessary anyway. I'm
experienced with being shot at (overseas) and am grateful that I don't have
to visit a new warzone to watch the wildlife I love, as I'm fortunate (?)
enough to be paying a mortgage on some nearby land, where I choose who has
the guns.

I see the Australian World Heritage Areas as incredibly unique and special,
because it's scientifically proven. I've also been lucky enough to see some
places in the world where recreational hunters have already been, and
realise that land like this is increasingly rare. Poor Mr O'Farrell has sold
our heritage for a political deal, and he will be remembered for it, forever
a loser.

So if you want to visit Gibraltar Range safely, we can help you find a quiet
and safe spot, that still doesn't have feral animals or rednecks with
rifles. I hope you all have a brilliant New Year, and we can make a
difference to these deal-making, underhand, ignorant power seekers like
BO'F. Shout your opinions in the right direction.

There is plenty of safe well managed private land for birders here, I can
help with access if folk don't want to bother with Nat Parks, I understand.

Happy Birding,

Simon Clayton

Manager

Birdrangers, Gibraltar Reserve