birding-aus

Mystery bird - Yellow-spotted honeyeater???

Subject: Mystery bird - Yellow-spotted honeyeater???
From: Vivien Rolland <>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:22:06 +1100
Hi everyone,

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the discussion, either on the list
or in private. I have listened to all calls I found (did not checked the BOCA
Field Guide to Australian Birdsong that Alastair suggested, though).
I have not been convinced by anything I heard and unfortunately, my search for
the bird this week-end turn out to be a "flop". I also did not hear any of the
birds that were suggested in the discussion.

I am afraid this bird will remain a mystery! But thanks again to everyone, I
learnt quite a lot.

To make the trip worth it, I pushed to the coast and took a few shots that I
uploaded on my website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivienrollandphotography/

A great holiday break and a happy new year to everyone!

Vivien