birding-aus

Cataract Surgery and birdwatching

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Cataract Surgery and birdwatching
From: "Valentine, Peter" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:24:49 +0000
Hello everyone,
                I am looking for comment from listers who have had or know
about cataract surgery outcomes and any effects on birdwatching capacity. I
currently have excellent vision for my age but affected by cataracts. With the
modern approach the natural lens is replaced by an artificial lens (bifocal or
trifocal) and outcomes are good apparently. My main concern is will I retain
good vision for birding, continue to be able to use the same binoculars and
telescope. Any experience out there??

Peter Valentine

0427 634 136