birding-aus

Bird Hide Design

Subject: Bird Hide Design
From: david Secomb <>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:46:34 +0800
Hi All
There have been a small but energetic group who are aiming to improve Lake Elywmartup, 18km east of Katanning. One of the projects is having a bird hide and I have been asked to help designing one. Although I have been in countless of hides, I haven't taken a mental note of the finer design features. Especially the do and do nots.

It will the northern end facing south close to a regular duck roost. Will have a seat and bench will viewing slots. Of course try to swallow proof if. Any hints of construction material especially that doesn't amplify the noise the observer may make. Suggestions for placements and size of viewing slots. For a family the ideal size for the hide plus any other suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers
David