birding-aus

Tern! Tern! Tern! (to misquote Pete Seeger)

To: <>
Subject: Tern! Tern! Tern! (to misquote Pete Seeger)
From: "Steve McBride" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:05:30 +1100
My best for Flat Rock, Ballina NSW, at the same time is only 6.  Black &
Common Noddy, White-winged Black, Little, Common & Crested Tern.
But in recent years I've also seen Gull-billed, Whiskered, Sooty, Bridled, &
White-fronted at Flat Rock, plus Caspian in the river at Ballina, that makes
12.
I believe historically Arctic, Lesser Crested & Grey Ternlet have also been
recorded in Ballina.
I imagine Roseate & Black-naped would be likely vagrants & White & Fairy
Tern not out of the question for here as well.

Cheers,
Steve McBride
Ballina