birding-aus

Coonabarabran

Subject: Coonabarabran
From: Susan Knowles <>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:07:14 +1100
We are back from a great week at Coonabarabran. We stayed in a cottage on a property a little to the north where we saw 70 species (from a total of 90 for the week). With better identification skills our total would have been higher. We did far better on the property, with the help of some expert advice, than on the Baradine and Pilliga bird drives.

Unexpectedly we came across some very good bird drives around nearby Binnaway. You pick up a Wild about Binnaway brochure from the craft shop which gives maps and details of 2 bird drives, with recommended stops. We saw a good range of birds at a permanent spring on the shorter drive.

I am happy to give more details if anyone wants them.

Susan Knowles