birding-aus

A Murmuration of Starlings

To: Jim Smart <>
Subject: A Murmuration of Starlings
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:41:03 +1100
Jim,

I have seen smallish flocks (1-2000) in Dubbo over the years. They have been an
ongoing problem there, due to their roosting in the street trees in the CBD.
The council there has tried to control them over the years, but after every
attempt, they are back within a year or so. Trying to control starlings, like
most avian pest species, is rather like putting your hand into a bucket of
water, pulling it out again and expecting to see a hole in the water.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford