birding-aus

Judith Hoyle shared an album with you.

Subject: Judith Hoyle shared an album with you.
From: Judith Hoyle <>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 01:24:34 +0000
Good Morning All,

The recent thread on the ID of the Pulvaris sp. in PNG (which I was unable to see) stimulated me to upload these images of a very confiding Golden Plover that we photographed on Moreton Island late in August. We have seen GPs in Europe, American and here (of course), but never seen one foraging on an ocean beach. At the time we were 99.9% convinced this was a first year Pacific GP. Tertials were right, and the feet were just visible in flight projecting beyond the tail, but these pictures show that the primaries are longer than the tail, so would be interested to know what the experts think.

My photos are pretty bad, but if there is any doubt Gavin has much better ones but he is away at the moment.

Kind regards

Judith

Judith Hoyle,
Brisbane, QLD