birding-aus

Spotted Bowerbird in Victoria?

To: "Simon Starr" <>, <>
Subject: Spotted Bowerbird in Victoria?
From: "Ross Macfarlane" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:19:40 +1100
I rang my Dad and he confirmed that there are spotted bowerbirds permanently at Yanga Station NP near Balranald, and he has seen them on the Swan Hill-Balranald Road near Kyalite. Also used to be across the Murray River from Robinvale. So it is quite possible that they would be seen in Hattah or close to the Murray, but "scarce as hen's teeth", in his words...

-----Original Message----- From: Simon Starr