birding-aus

Year of the woodswallow?

To: Graeme Chapman <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Year of the woodswallow?
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 17:40:36 +0930
Hello Graeme

I once did observe Masked Woodswallows at roost - several hundred birds in
the cathedral termite mounds around Pine Creek sewage ponds, at sunset.
They weren't clustered together, but as you noted in your sighting, roosting
singly, each bird pressed into a crevice by itself.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
1/7 Songlark Street,
Bakewell, NT 0832
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, SCU
Vice-chair, Wildlife Tourism Australia
Nominated for the Condé Nast international ecotourism award, 2004 by the
American website, Earthfoot.
Wildlife Adviser, BBC¹s ?Deadly 60¹