birding-aus

2nd Photo gallery; (Re: Nominate Little Egret at WTP on Birdline)

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: 2nd Photo gallery; (Re: Nominate Little Egret at WTP on Birdline)
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:48:40 +1000
I have now added a gallery of images featuring the feet of non-breeding Little
Egrets to my website to compliment the gallery of images of adult breeding
Little Egrets.

The new galley contains 13 images of what would be considered Little Egrets
(Egretta garzetta nigripes) in non-breeding plumage.
I feel sure that one of the images is of a juvenile or immature Little Egret
but juvenile and/or immature egrets can be difficult to assess.

These new images have been selected to show the variability of the colour of
the soles of the feet of non-breeding plumaged birds of this species.
All but one of the full images have an inset image showing the feet/foot
enlarged.
Each image also has the date on which the photo was taken for those birders who
wish to think about how the bare parts of Little Egrets may vary (or not)
according to the time of year or the stage of the breeding/non-breeding cycle.
Don’t ask me about that as I just don’t know.

To see this second gallery go to
http://www.photos-n-guides.com/html/little_egret_feet.html
‘story’ on that page.
Then click on the “Little Egret non-breeding” link near the top of the page.

The long way round is to go to http://www.photos-n-guides.com/index.html and
start at the “Identification Guides” navigation button, then go
Birds>Waterbirds>Herons egrets and bitterns>Little Egret Feet.
On the “Little Egret feet” page click on the “Little Egret non-breeding” link.

Or look for the “Little Egret feet” link on the “Quick find index” page.

As usual, if you can’t see the latest additions to the website try refreshing
the browser view.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld