birding-aus

Information for visiting birders

To: <>
Subject: Information for visiting birders
From: <>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 23:02:23 +0100
Hi,

Three UK birder here,  getting  ready  for  a month’s birding in Australia in
October. We’ve  still got a  few birding sites  to sort out and would be
grateful  for  any help you can give.  We are planning to visit Chiltern/Ouyen
area/Brisbane area/Blue Mts./ Newcastle-Pt.Macquarie area. We’ve  done a fair
amount of research but  could do with  some up-to-date information for Owls (
especially Masked, Grass and  Powerful) and , perhaps  most important  of all
(!) somewhere  where  Regent  Honeyeater  is being seen. I realise  that  it
will be the  breeding  season and  therefore information may not be in the
public  domain  but if  there  are any sites  that  birders  can  visit, we’d
be very  grateful. Please  reply  off-line if  that would be more  appropriate.
Many thanks in advance,
                                             John  Hopkins.