birding-aus

Butterflies and birds - update on booklets

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Butterflies and birds - update on booklets
From: Trevor Ford <>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:25:38 +1000
G'day,

There may be a growing dissatisfaction with the increasing number of postings being made to birding-aus that drive traffic to other websites but there really is no other way to share large amounts of information and photographs.

Yes, I'm leading to something ..... I have already produced two small booklets - "Shorebirds, Gulls & Terns of Coastal SEQ" and "Waterbirds & Raptors of Coastal SEQ", which are available free-of-charge from the five participating councils of coastal south-east Queensland. A third in the series is now available - "Butterflies of Coastal SEQ" - and this will be distributed in the near future by the same five councils to interested residents and visitors, again free-of-charge. But please note that I don't know what the distribution strategies of the councils will be, so cannot offer any advice on outlets or availability.

However, if anyone would like a pdf of this booklet, or of any of the previous booklets, all with lower resolution photographs than within the printed copies, they are available for download from the publications page of my website at www.sunbittern.com by clicking on the image on the front cover of the required booklet. I should add that the butterfly booklet contains 72 pages and describes the 90 most commonly encountered species in coastal south-east Queensland.

Cheers - Trevor For.