birding-aus

To all users of my website worldbirdinfo

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: To all users of my website worldbirdinfo
From: "John Penhallurick" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:42:07 +1000
I am disappointed that no users have contacted me with their views about my
website. If you know how much work it is, you should not take it for
granted.

One question I would lke to find out your responses to is whether you think
having 3 family lists, and now in the process of adding a fourth, is worth
while? Or would you rather than once I update the website to the sequence
outlined in the Science 2008 family List, I should dump the other three. The
use of three family lists goes back almost 30 years, to my first
effort,worldbirdplus, which offered users the choice of the three family
lists. It never got off the ground, the idea being stolen by a number of
American birders. But no more of that. Of late, I have noticed that the
Peters list is getting harder to maintain. There have been so many generic
changes that just to keep the genera conssitent, reqires a lot of work.
Does anyone care about these lists? If not, I propose to to concentrate on
the updating of the list the single family list based on recent
publications. You can see the nature of the new family list by going to my
website and clicking on Science 2008 list. This will mean that in the
interim, you will see inconsistencies in the genera of the three existing
family lists.

Please get back to me if you have any views on the matter.

Thanks,

Dr John Penhallurick

86 Bingley Cres

Fraser A.C.T. 2615

Australia

email:

Phone: Home (612) 62585428

Mobile:0408585426

sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt Aeneid Book 1,line 462  "The
world is a world of tears, and the burdens of mortality touch the heart."

Magna est veritas et praevalet Vulgate, Book of Edras

The legitimate object of government is to do for a community of people
whatever they need to have done, but can not do at all, or can not so well
do, for themselves-in their separate, and individual capacities. Abraham
Lincoln

Please visit my website: http://www.worldbirdinfo.net
<http://www.worldbirdinfo.net/>

Please visit my blog: