birding-aus

Trip to South-west QLD

To: birding-aus threads <>
Subject: Trip to South-west QLD
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:54:43 +1030
Hello all, I have recently returned from an extremely enjoyable & successful
birding trip alone out in the Qld Channel Country, driving from Cairns via
Winton & as far south as Goyder's Lagoon in SA, then back north via Boulia, Mt
Isa & Georgetown. The highlights were many, too many to mention quickly here. I
hadn't been out that far south-west since trips in 2007 & 2008 - the country is
teeming with life!! The major highlights I have submitted to the Birdlines on
Eremaea (Sth Aust, Nth Qld, Sth/Central Qld) - I'm not sure if any will get
upgraded to the national Birdline Australia though. They should start to appear
today as they get published for each state/region. I will work on a more
extensive report for this forum & post this as soon as I can, but it may take
me a couple of weeks, such were the highlights!! Unfortunately, there was one
very lowlight too!! Best regards for now,  Martin Cachard,   Cairns,   0428 782
808