birding-aus

Pizzey & Knight "9th edition"

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Pizzey & Knight "9th edition"
From: Trevor Ford <>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 17:38:52 +1000
G'day,

I've been the proud owner of the ninth (2012) edition of Pizzey & Knight, edited this time by Sarah Pizzey, for over a week now. It has been for sale on Bribie Island (SEQ, etc., etc.) at the excellent discounted price of $19.95. It is, as one would expect, excellent and contains all of the advertised enhancements. My only (minor) gripe is that, as with previous editions, one-off vagrants are not included so that the near-local Blue Rock Thrush still depends on other field guides to flaunt itself.

If you live in Queensland it could be advisable to buy any field guides that you might possibly need sooner rather than later. The way our government is behaving I wouldn't be surprised if they ordered the banning (burning?) of all publications with an environmental focus. The less the public knows, the easier it will be for them to get away with destroying the integrity of our National Parks and developing just about everywhere else.

Cheers - Trevor Ford.