birding-aus

Uganda

To: <>
Subject: Uganda
From: "Ben Allen" <>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:31:12 +0800
In July I had two weeks in Western Uganda with my non-birding spouse and
mother-in-law (one has to compromise if you are going to be allowed these
trips). My main aim was to see Chimpanzees and Gorillas which was achieved
beyond my wildest dreams but we also saw over 350 birds (including shoe-bill
twice) which was great considering it was "..not a birding trip" and there were
a few days where no new birds were seen at all as we dealt with non-birding
matters and interests.  A fantastic country, with lovely people and incredible
scenery.  Very safe, secure, cheap and in all respects to be recommended if you
have these sorts of interests.  Just do not mention Ebola.

Our travels took us to places including Murchison Falls, Victorian Nile, Albert
Nile, Kibale (for chimps), Similiki Forest, Lake Albert, Lake Edward, Lake
George, Lake Victoria, Kazingi Channel, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi
Inpenetratable Forest, Buhoma, Ruwiza (for Gorillas), Lake Mburo and Mabamba.

Anyone with plans or thoughts to go to Uganda and who would like to contact me
please feel free to do so if I can be any assistance.

regards

Ben