birding-aus

Ravens in Tasmania

Subject: Ravens in Tasmania
From: Steve <>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:17:24 +1000
G'day all

Are there any recent records of Little Raven in northern Tasmania?  I was in
Launceston this week and heard and saw lots of Forest Ravens.  Once, however,
three birds flew over calling and they sure sounded like Little Ravens to me.
Where i live (Hamilton, sw Victoria) we have both - mostly Littles but Forest
Ravens are in the Grampians and other forests and occasionally venture out into
farmland.

Both also occur on King Island.

So, any records?

Cheers