birding-aus

Acoustic experiment and survey

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Acoustic experiment and survey
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:15:58 +1000
As you may be aware I have recently been assisting Jason Wimmer on his Acoustic
Sensoring study <http://www.mquter.qut.edu.au/Sensor/Default.aspx>  at the
Queensland University of Technology (QUT),

He recently made a request from a number of birders (including myself) that
they trialled some new software for analysing bird-sound and I mentioned
that there were probably plenty of willing participants on the B-A
Mailing-List,  so I have forwarded his message. Please remember that it is
a bit site-specific (has been designed for The SE Queensland area) but
there are plenty of calls that should be common (....well, on the
east-coast anyway:-) )

Over to Jason:

*Hi all,

I'm contacting you all in the hope that you can help out with a short
online experiment to test a new online website we have developed for
analysis of acoustic sensor data. The experiment and an associated survey
should not take longer than 15 mins and would be of great value to us.
Also, you can do it from the comfort of home.

If you can help out please email Mark Cottman-Fields at
 for further details and instructions.
If you know of anyone else who would be interested in helping out, I would
really appreciate it if you pass on this email. The only pre-requisite is
decent SEQ birding experience.

Thanks and regards,

Jason Wimmer
0410206383*