birding-aus

Brisbane River terns

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Brisbane River terns
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:28:51 +1000
By "green roofs", do you mean green in colour, or roofs with solar panels on
them?

Peter Shute

--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

________________________________
Sent: Tue Jul 10 11:10:19 2012

Sincere thanks to all who responded on my question about terns on the Brisbane
River.  I now have a much clearer idea of what to look for at this time of year.

My wife and I are in town from Washington, DC to welcome our new grandchild,
and to see our family.  Next Monday, Brant (my son) and I will be giving a
seminar to a pdt. architects MasterClass on bird/glass collisions, and
unintended effects of green roofs on nesting birds.   If there is any interest,
I would welcome a chance to present a similar talk to anyone in the birding
community.  We will be in Brisbane until the 25th of July.      -TATE

James Tate, Jr., Ph.D. | Research Associate |
Smithsonian Institution Migratory Bird Center |
National Zoological Park |
T 202-841-2056 | Email <>

James Tate, Jr. | Senior Fellow and Director |
Ecological Economics and Ethics Program |
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies |
Ballston Metro Center Office Tower |
901 N. Stuart Street, Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22203
Washington, DC 20007
T 202-841-2056| Email:
<>

James Tate, Jr. | First Vice President
Eastern Bird Banding Association.
Email: <>

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers

to: <>