birding-aus

Eungella Honeyeater

To: "" <>
Subject: Eungella Honeyeater
From: Stuart Cooney <>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 03:22:48 +0000
I look like having some time in Mackay on the way home to Melbourne on
Thursday/Friday this week and would like to see Eungella Honeyeater.  There is
some good information in the Birding-Aus archive about where to see them,
however the discussion about seasonal movements is what I am a bit concerned
about.  The sites I have gleaned so far that have worked for people recently
are:

*         The junction of Dalrymple Rd with Snake Rd (thanks Martin Cachard)

*         Roughly 17 km along Dalrymple Road (thanks Fiona)

*         The Thomas and Thomas site: "When you reach the top of the steep
escarpment, bear right on to Dalrymple Road and follow it for 16 km, then turn
left down Chelmans road and follow this to where it ends at a forestry gate.
Park here and walk through the gate, following the overgrown track" (thanks
Dominic (especially because I don't have Thomas and Thomas handy!)

*         Diggings Road the following day about half way up the hill before the
abrupt left turn (thanks Graeme Stevens, who also found it at the above
mentioned gate).

However most of these are not winter sites and I read that they might move to
lower country during the winter.  Therefore I was wondering if anyone has
winter specific information or recent sightings that they might like to share.

Oh, and I am also looking for a place to stay in Eungella/Mackay on Thursday
night.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Dr Stuart Cooney
Melbourne Resource Manager/Senior Zoologist

0448 496 000

Natural and Cultural Heritage Consultants

MELBOURNE

GEELONG

292 Mt Alexander Rd, Ascot Vale VIC 3032

PO Box 8048, Newtown VIC 3220

PH (03) 9377 0100

F (03) 9377 0199

PH (03) 5221 8122

F (03) 5221 2760

This email, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee named. It
is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose,
distribute or rely on the information contained in it.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete this email from your computer.
Please Note: As of the 18th of December 2011, we have relocated to 292 Mt
Alexander Rd, Ascot Vale VIC 3032.

[http://www.ehpartners.com.au/em/logo.png]<http://www.ehpartners.com.au>

Stuart Cooney
Melbourne Resource Manager / Zoologist
Melbourne
P (03) 9377 0100
M 0448 496 000

[#REF_*159357*]
[http://www.ehpartners.com.au/em/website_address.gif]<http://www.ehpartners.com.au>[http://www.ehpartners.com.au/em/twitter.png]<https://twitter.com/#!/EcoHeritPart>[http://www.ehpartners.com.au/em/linkedin.png]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecology-and-heritage-partners>

[http://www.ehpartners.com.au/em/border2.png]