birding-aus

Newhaven Princess Parrots and an amazing Budgie experience

To: BirdingAus <>
Subject: Newhaven Princess Parrots and an amazing Budgie experience
From: Judith Hoyle <>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 04:51:53 +0000
Hi All,

Just back from Newhaven and our wonderful Princess Parrot experience!  One of
my all time birding highlights.  Being in dune country just on dawn with these
wonderful birds flying around - magic!!

Thanks so much to Joe and Danae for being so welcoming, and to Peter and Toni
who are doing a fantastic job of making sure all visitors see the parrots.
They have been up before dawn just about everyday since the parrots turned up -
a huge undertaking from them and much appreciated.

Flying out of Alice yesterday I had a wonderful experience with budgies. As the
plane was taxiing to the end of the runway, two budgies flew up on to the wing
of the 737 and traveled for a couple of hundred meters before flying off.  Long
enough for me to dig my mobile out and stuff up getting a photo or two (Arrgghh
- it would have made a great photo!)   It made me think if anyone else has ever
had a similar experience with birds hitching a ride in this fashion.

Kind regards

Judith