birding-aus

Port MacDonnell Pelagic 20th May + hybrid mollymawk albatross.

To: birding aus <>, birding aus <>
Subject: Port MacDonnell Pelagic 20th May + hybrid mollymawk albatross.
From: robert morris <>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 00:27:09 +0000
I wasn't very with it this morning. The trip went out on Sunday 20th May! Not
the 21st or 22nd!
Also of interest on the trip was a clear hybrid albatross which appears
incredibly similar to a birds seen of Port Fairy in 2008.
http://www.pbase.com/wildlifeimages/port_fairy_albatross
It appears it was either a Black-browed x Grey-headed or a Black-browed x
Buller's.
I think Dan Mantle will be circulating a few photos as I think such hybrids are
quite unusual.

Rob Morris

Brisbane, Australia