birding-aus

Broad-billed Flycatcher at Corio Bay

To: "'John Walter'" <>, <>
Subject: Broad-billed Flycatcher at Corio Bay
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:53:46 +1000
Hi John

I had discussed this with Henry Nix and reported his observations in a
previous blog post:

http://sunshinecoastbirds.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/musings-on-broad-billed-fl
ycatcher.html

However I did not know about your Five Rocks observation, which of course is
a good deal closer to where I saw my birds in Corio Bay (although still to
the north).

All this supports my contention that these birds may not be as rare or
range-restricted in Queensland as is widely considered. I recall Henry
telling me that his observations were ridiculed at the time by some who
should know better.

Greg Roberts