birding-aus

Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update
Date: 16 Apr 2012 01:31:01 +1000

Birdline Western Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 15 Apr 2012.

Mon 9 Apr South Polar Skua Bremer Bay, Western Australia
An intermediate-morph South Polar Skua was observed around the Bremer Bay area over the Easter weekend, from Saturday 7th April 2012 until at least Monday 9th April.
Martin Cake per Birding-Aus

Eurasian Magpie Port Hedland, Western Australia
The WA Sightings officer has asked me to pass on a report of Eurasian Magpie from Finucane Island at Port Hedland, on the part of the island directly opposite Port Hedland. Reported by John Robinson (with a photo), and has apparently been around for a few days. I would guess ship-assisted.
John Robinson per John Graff (Birding-Aus)

Great Crested Grebe Lake Richmond, Rockingham, Western Australia
A single bird (breeding plumage) seen at the lake today. I have not noticed them at this location before.
Snez Plunkett

Black-fronted Dotterel Lake Brown Mountain (north side), Beliar Regional Park , Western Australia
Several dozen Black-fronted Dotterel sighted at the lake. Since the water level has receeded there is now access all the way to the lake's edge. Many other water species and raptors on site.
Snez Plunkett

Birdline Western Australia is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.