birding-aus

RFI Tyto Wetlands Ingham QLD

To: <>
Subject: RFI Tyto Wetlands Ingham QLD
From: "Geoff Leslie" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 20:38:19 +1000
Hi Ed,
You need to contact Tyto Tony (Tony Ashton) who has a magnificent blog on
the birds of Tyto (search for Tyto Tony on Google blogs). He is a New
Zealander who rides his pushbike around the wetland most mornings - I
usually go and wait for him to turn up. He doesn't believe there have been
any Grass Owls there for years, (despite the publicity at the Visitors'
Centre) and has done terrific work on the Little Bitterns that are resident
there. Scan his blog for what is and isn't likely to be found. His knowledge
of the place is unequalled.

Geoff Leslie

Message: 6