birding-aus

banded black swan

To: <>
Subject: banded black swan
From: "kade jenkins" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:38:21 -0600
I have come across a leg banded black swan and was able to get the number off
of it. there was a big spot rubbed off but the numbers 171 were very clear. I
was just wondering if you could give me any information on where it might have
been banded at. it did not have a neck collar. I have read that they are in
zoos and from Australia. I am a waterfowl hunter and have never seen one of
these before, so I am kind of curious as to if it's a tame one from some where.
my email is