birding-aus

RE Birding-Aus] Fwd: Which frigatebird?

To: <>
Subject: RE Birding-Aus] Fwd: Which frigatebird?
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:54:29 +1100
G'day Dominic,

The first impression from looking at your bird is a darkish throated female
Great Frigatebird and that's what I think it is. Shifting the levels around
on your two images shows a blue eye-ring and the bird is lacking white tabs
into the underwing, none of this is good for Lesser in the Coral Sea. I
would say that the darkish throat, which is probably the reason for your
caution, is not a problem and within the spectrum for female Great
Frigatebird.

Cheers Jeff Davies.

Forwarded from ID-Frontiers in case any Birding-Aus subscribers wish to

comment:

I guess, seeing as Dominic didn't post it directly here, any thoughts could
be ccd to him as well as to birdingaus - his email address below.