birding-aus

Letter code abbreviations for all Australian birds, was SFW feeding HBC,

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Letter code abbreviations for all Australian birds, was SFW feeding HBC,
From: John Harris <>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:21:53 +1100
Hi Phil,
I have used, as mentioned before, a code based on the birds name for years.
There are few ambiguities but some do exist. A Brown Thornbill (BT/b),
Buff-rumped Thornbill (BRT/b). The two woodswallows cause a bit of a
problem - White-breasted and White-browed as both could be written as WBW/s
or even WBrW/s and Long-billed Corella and Little Black Cormorant (LBC's)
but I get over this one using LtBC. It all makes sense to me anyway.........

Your codes will be worth comparing to see how much they are alike.

--
*Yours in all things* "*GREEN"*
**

*0409090955*
**
*President, Field Naturalists Club of Victoria*
*(www.fncv.org.au)*