birding-aus

Earthflight on DVD

To: "'Carl Clifford'" <>
Subject: Earthflight on DVD
From: "Julian Robinson" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:36:37 +1100
Those people aiming to watch the uncut, advert-free, original narration,
hi-fi version might as well step up to the Blu-ray version.  It's available
from Amazon UK in April and unlike the DVD is region free (though the UK
Blu-ray region is the same as ours anyway).  So not only do you have no
probs playing it, but also you get the maximum fi-ness for best ogling the
fantastic camera work.  I agree Goose-cam was stunning - informative as well
as impressive and immersive - well worth paying good money for.

How often do you get to see birds from the viewpoints shown in this series?
Answer - never  before in the history of humankind!

 I understand they used microlites  dressed up as birds for some of the
photography, though I might have misinterpreted this.  I believe the final
episode is the 'making-of'  which answers these questions, but I haven't
seen it .  Apparently the book includes similar info.

Julian Robinson