birding-aus

Storks at Tamborine

Subject: Storks at Tamborine
From: Ronda Green <>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:52:45 +1000
I was surprised to see two black-necked storks on Saturday 4th February on the
road that leads to Canungra from the Beenleigh-Beaudesert Road, not too far
from the corner.  That's not a bad little corner really - I've seen both
spoonbills there several times (royal most often), both corellas, and several
raptors, but this is the first time I've seen the storks. We came back later in
the day but didn't see them again.

Ronda Green, BSc(Hons) PhD
Araucaria Ecotours
http://www.learnaboutwildlife.com

ph 61 7 5544 1283
Visit us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/AraucariaEcotours

Chair Wildlife Tourism Australia: http://wildlifetourism.org.au
Chair Scenic Rim Wildlife: http://scenicrim.wildlife.org.au/
Honorary research fellow Griffith University