birding-aus

Princess Parrots breeding in 2010/2011

Subject: Princess Parrots breeding in 2010/2011
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:30:27 -0800
Hi folks:

Last year was so exciting to hear about with Princess breeding even within
a days drive or so from Alice Springs.  I learned about possible breeding
at Neale Junction this year but never heard much about Princess overall in
2010/2011.  Did the mass breeding of last year cease and all birds relocate
back to more remote areas?

As many know I had the joy of watching them in 2008 but never observed any
serious breeding activity at that time.  I was thinking with the great
greening of the Aussie desert due to rains that Princess would continue to
breed in good numbers this year as well.  Would love to hear from anyone
who found breeding birds this season.

Cheers!

Don