birding-aus

Spotted Whistling Ducks

To: "'Colin R'" <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Spotted Whistling Ducks
From: "Richard Nowotny" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:34:13 +1100
Hi Colin. I understand your wish to clarify the situation and respect your
effort to do so.

However, for a number of reasons I don't intend to engage in a public debate
about the finer details of the circumstances, other than to say that your
description of the properties doesn't accord with my recollections [which
are that there is a large vacant (ie no house or other improvements),
unfenced, but certainly private, block with a deep pond on its right-hand
(southern) side (where my wife and I, and many others, saw the original 14
ducks back in late September) and immediately adjacent to and south of that
block and the pond is Judy Terracall's property, with front fence and gate,
large modern house, extensive established garden, large pond in the
back-yard, but no fence separating it from the vacant block]. The reported
trespass was onto her property, not onto the vacant block (which as far as I
know she does not own). Perhaps I should add that I have only ever met Judy
once (the day I visited the pond on the vacant block beside her property)
and spoken with her by phone twice since (one of her dogs was bitten by a
Red-bellied Black-snake while Diana and I were having tea with her,
requiring urgent, and wildly expensive, veterinary treatment - happily it
survived).

I would be happy to discuss this with you by phone to sort out conflicting
recollections/descriptions if you would care to send me a phone number
off-line (and I might be able to clarify one or two other matters at the
same time).

All the best.  Richard