birding-aus

plovers at Kirk Point

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: plovers at Kirk Point
From: David Richardson <>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 17:54:10 +1100
Hello everyone,

I was visiting Western Treatment Plant this morning and while at the Beach
Rd boat ramp I used my scope to scan the rocks around towards Kirk Point.I
had a problem with heat haze distorting the image.

I saw 3 :plovers" on the rocks.Colour at first made me think of Pacific
Golden Plover but their shape,a "plumpness" to them made me think Grey
Plover. As I said,I had a problem with heat haze and didnt get a clear
enough view to satisfy myself as to which species.

Was anyone at Kirk Point today and saw 3 "plovers" on the rocks there?

Thanks,
David Richardson