birding-aus

Sightings form Atherton Tablelands, north Queensland, Australia

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Sightings form Atherton Tablelands, north Queensland, Australia
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:54:54 +1000
Greetings,

Margaret and David Merrill drew my attention to 9 Pacific Golden Plovers on
Forsayth Road which is off Marks Lane between Atherton, Yungaburra and Kairi.

Blue-faced Parrot Finches are in reasonable numbers on the Gourka track and
near Mt Hypipamee.

Square-tailed Kites remain fairly easy to stumble across around Atherton.

I have had a few sightings of pale phase Little Eagle over the last three
weeks. While they have been widely distributed it may have been the same bird.
I wish I had paid more attention to the moult.

Bush-hens calling at Hasties Swamp and along Petersen Creek in Yungaburra.

Unidentified snipe below my house in Yungaburra.

Tooth-bill Bowerbirds and Goldens still attending their courts/bowers.

Regards,
Alan