birding-aus

Buff-breasted Button-quail search 11-13/12/11

To: Carl Billingham <>
Subject: Buff-breasted Button-quail search 11-13/12/11
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 15:15:20 +1030
Hi Carl

On 8/11/11 in Dinden national park, which is eucalypt woodland with grassy
understorey I flushed a button quail off of the roadside while driving and
it flew up into woodland.  My notes at the time were buff breasted button
quail?-cinnamon, appeared larger than other quail with long pointed wings.I
remember thinking at the time that it didn't have or I didn't see dark
wingtips.   The habitat there is certainly appropriate.   Another mystery
to throw into the ring!

Gary