birding-aus

Scopes and Binoculars

To: Jenny Stiles <>
Subject: Scopes and Binoculars
From: Joan Rosenthal <>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:52:28 +1100
Hi Jenny
I second Chris's recommendation of Bintel in Glebe. They provide help and
service beyond the call of duty.

For binoculars, apart from looking at distant things (of course) you want a
pair that can focus reasonably close, to see fine details on that litle
brown bird that's hopping about in nearby shrubbery. That's one reason I
like my Nikon Monarch 8x36. Another reason is their relatively light
weight, a factor when you're carrying backpack, water bottle, etc. - and I
see that at least sometimes you'll be carting a scope as well. I can manage
my binoculars one-handed, which can be useful, and they're water resistant
so can be carried in the rain.
Regards, Joan