birding-aus

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Central & Southern Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 21 Nov 2011 01:30:24 +1000

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 20 Nov 2011.

Wed 16 Nov White Winged Triller Eagleby Wetlands
One turned up around lakeside vegetation--thought this was a bit coastal for these considering theres a tidal river and mangroves a couple hundred metres away
Duncan Fowler & Carmen Ludcke

Cotton Pygmy Geese Rosewood Wetland
single pair of cotton pygmy's observed loafing on the surface wtaer of the large wetland east of Rosewood. Also present were 7 Lathams snipe, 1 pink-eared duck and some sand pipers (not a great look but i think they were sharp-tails) This speaces seems to be having a good season in it south eastern range limits
Brendan Cook

Eungella Honeyeaters Eungella area
Three E.H.s gave us long & close views half way up Diggings Rd. Another one came to our pishing on Dalrymple Rd about 2 kms past the Chelman's Rd turnoff. Many more were heard along all roads except Snake Rd and Chelman's Rd itself.
Brian & Meg Johnson

Australian Owlet-nightjar John Oxley Reserve Murrumba Downs
Bird sat at hole entrance long enough for me to go home get my camera and return
John Dennison

Mon 14 Nov Lewin's Rail, Buff-banded Rail, Spotless Crake Maroochy River, Sunshine Coast
The 3 species of rail together
Greg Roberts

Birdline Central & Southern Queensland is sponsored by Birds Australia Southern Queensland and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.

Unsubscribe