birding-aus

RFI Blackbirds in Queensland

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Blackbirds in Queensland
From: Michael Atzeni <>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:18:26 +0800 (WST)
Folks

I'm giving a talk on the blackbird situation in Queensland this weekend. I
would appreciate a quick update from those who have seen them anywhere in Qld -
where, when, how many, how often, whether successfully breeding, what's been
keeping them in check?

Here in Toowoomba, Pied Currawongs are their nemesis based on anecdotal
evidence they are killing the nestlings, at least in the suburb of Wilsonton
where blackbirds have been present since the late 1990's. This has kept the
numbers below critical mass, or so it seems...

Cheers

Mick Atzeni
0458 9489 55