birding-aus

Harmless twitching

To: "'Bas Hensen'" <>, "'\"'birding-aus'\"'" <>
Subject: Harmless twitching
From: "Tony Russel" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:10:45 +1030
If I jumped on my bike and rode to Broome it would probably take at least 20
days of hard twiddling and wear out several sets of tyres, and then there's
the return ride to think about too. Tyre manufacture leaves a heavy carbon
footprint. Might do my waist a bit of good though, that's if I got there at
all.  See my other mail as to why I'm not flying up there and hiring a car
to run around in.  Good luck to all the frivolous twitchers who do go for
this first ever important bird sighting.

Tony