birding-aus

GULLS OVER THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE

To: <>
Subject: GULLS OVER THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE
From: "David and Margaret Merrall" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:26:54 +1000
On a recent trip to Sydney we attended three concerts at the Opera House.
At the intervals we went out onto the concourse overlooking the Harbour Bridge.
This would have been at about 9pm.
There appeared to be hundreds of Silver Gulls wheeling in the lights over the
bridge.
Has anyone a theory about why these birds do this?

David Merrall