birding-aus

WATERBIRD BONANZA reaches southern Victoria

To: <>
Subject: WATERBIRD BONANZA reaches southern Victoria
From: Greg Oakley <>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:17:21 +1100
Following on from Mike's observation of the waterbird influx from inland into
southern Vic, there may also be a mini irruption of Sacred Kingfisher.

Despite being a reasonably common bird in Melbourne over summer, there
definitely seems to be many more of them than usual.
Over the last week I have heard SK at suburban Wattle Park in Melbourne's mid
east (I have never recorded them here in 10 years), as well as seeing several
at Karkarook Park in Moorabin on Sunday. This is on top of 3 extra sightings in
different Melbourne suburbs on Birdline just over the last 3 days.

Could be an interesting summer in Vic :-)

Cheers,
Greg