birding-aus

Regent Honeyeater/Swift Parrot surveys 2012

To: "" <>
Subject: Regent Honeyeater/Swift Parrot surveys 2012
From: Dean Ingwersen <>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:40:03 +1100
Hi all,

I've replied to Keith Brandwood directly re: the dates for our surveys next
year, but thought I would take the opportunity to announce them on Birding-Aus
too.  Firstly, apologies again for not replying to Keith sooner following his
initial email on Tuesday but I've been in the Capertee Valley for the last week
with Chris Tzaros doing fieldwork.  As most would know mobile phone and email
coverage is virtually non-existent there so we're only just back in touch with
the world again today.

To the dates - as has been the tradition for a number of years the surveys will
be conducted on the third weekend in May and first weekend in August.  So for
2012 the survey weekends are May 19-20 and August 4-5.

For further information on the Woodland Birds for Biodiversity project, under
which the Regent Honeyeater and Swift Parrot recovery programs are coordinated,
please visit
http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/our-projects/woodland-birds-for-biodiversity.html.

And if anyone finds a Regent Honeyeater, the long-running freecall sighting
line is still open - 1800 621 056.

Thanks to all who continue to support the recovery of these two fantastic
species.

Regards,

Dean

Dean Ingwersen | Woodland Birds for Biodiversity | Regent Honeyeater recovery
coordinator
<> |
1800 621 056

Birds Australia, Suite 2-05, 60 Leicester St, Carlton VIC 3053
Tel: (+61 3) 9347 0757 ext 247 | Fax: (+61 3) 9347 9323
www.birdsaustralia.com.au<http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/> |
www.birdata.com.au<http://www.birdata.com.au/> |
www.birdsinbackyards.net<http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/>
ABN: 87 004 076 475 | Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union

Birds Australia and Bird Observation & Conservation Australia are merging to
form a new organisation called BirdLife Australia, to be launched in 2012.

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and confidential information or data may be contained in
this message. If you are not the intended addressee indicated in this message,
you may not copy or deliver this message or take an action in reliance on it.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
return email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that
do not relate to the official business of Birds Australia shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it. Birds Australia accepts no liability for
any damage caused in the transmission, receipt or opening of this message and
any files transmitted with it.